Boom Products Case Study
Offering a Family of Elegant Deployable Booms That Reduce Space Asset Cost
Penetrating the emerging “new space” markets demands technologies that break “old space” price paradigms while maintaining quality and performance standards. Roccor develops cost-effective furlable composite boom products that deploy antennas and instruments from small satellites enabling a new generation of satellite constellations to provide ubiquitous science measurements and communications from space.
Aggressive Timelines Don’t Scare Us. We Win the Game with Efficiency and Out-of-the-Box Strategies.
Refreshing the typical aerospace approach
- We excel at simple, low-cost designs.
- We reduce development and manufacturing lead times to 9 – 12 months, which is about half of the current market standards.
- Roccor develops very long lightweight composite versions for applications including solar sails, dipole antennas, and deployable tethers.
- Our extremely efficient packaging scheme of TRAC Boom is enabling a new generation of very large deployed systems designed to be practical from CubeSat and Nanosat platforms.
- Our boom products deploy antennas and instruments from small satellites enabling a new generation of satellite constellations to provide ubiquitous science measurements and communications from space.
- ROC™ Booms from 1m to 5m in length have been delivered to our customers for applications including deployable/retractable camera systems, deployable antennas, and instrument.
- Our TRAC Boom enables our clients to deploy extremely large systems from very small volumes.
ROC™ Boom in Action
Roccor Array in Action
Lorem dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet sabador amit et dolore magna aliquam erat.